Friday, August 27, 2004

Dawn

The beast has awakened from his slumber
I watch him coming over the horizon
An orange fire predator prowling
stalking
His indigo-violet prey flees in panic
Pouncing
claws and teeth of golden yellow flame strike
slashing
Trails of crimson streaming behind his assault
the night succumbs once again
Dawn's victim struggles no more
the eternal dance continues
And I am afraid...
For with the Dawn comes the Sun
and with the Sun comes the Daylight
Brilliant.
Dazzling
Revealing
Daylight
My secrets laid bare for all to see
my shame and pride equally naked
uncovered
And I must also face them
The cold, black shadow of night has fled
I stand amid the wreckage of my life
A life that I have damaged
and no other
With nowhere to hide this scattered debris
Oh, that I could fix it
Oh that Someone could fix it.

M+

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.