Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Year

I love February 29th. Just because it doesn't come around every year.
I thought about it all day at work as I signed and dated the paperwork. 2/29/08. And there are so few 2/29's of any date since they only come around every 4 years. How special the units we made today must be...

I often wonder about how people who are born on Leap Year go about getting their driver's license. They only get 1 birthday every 4 years. So, do they have to wait until the people who were born on 2/28 or 3/1 are 64 before they get theirs?

Just kidding...

In any event, this should be a good enough reason as any to celebrate something. And when I see the snow falling, and hear about the freezing rain that's approaching, I figure some of us could use a little revelry to take our minds off of the nasty mess outside.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Yesterday driving home from work, the snow was making me think,This Bites. Today, when I can stay inside and look out, I think, This is Pretty. But I have this overwhelming desire to know who decided that, if we needed an extra day every four years, why in the world would one stick it in February and not June, for crying out loud???

10:11 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

See that? It's all a matter of perspective...

I'm with you on the 29th day of February. I wholeheartedly agree that it should've been placed in a more enjoyable month, like June or July. But then again, if we use the "It only comes around every 4 years" excuse to have a celebration, then this is definitely the time of year when we need a celebration the most.

And, if you don't mind - and I know you don't. I wanna know who decided which months get 30 and 31 days. And why February got short changed by 2 days - when it's obvious that some of the other months could've spared a day.

2:09 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Yeah, who decided that anyway???!!! Never thought about that!

12:37 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Believe it or not, I actually did read something about this not too long ago. We can all blame Julius Caesar for this fiasco. It's broken down the way it is to give an equal number of days to each season.
If it had been me, I'd have made every month 30 days except for May thru September. That way we'd have more days during the spring/summer months. But that's just me...

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.