Sunday, March 30, 2008

Feelin' pretty crappy

We had a Lock-In of sorts at church last night. It was a Family Fun Night that was actually organized by some of our younger teens. They did a pretty good job of it, too.
It went well. There were plenty of munchies and pop. There were TV's and game systems set up in one area for the younglings. The adults had the projection equipment and DVD player to keep ourselves entertained. Not to mention some board games as well.
We stayed all night, watched Time Bandits and then B.S.ed for a few hours. In the morning we had church. The service went pretty smoothly considering how wiped out, and sore, most of us were.
Afterwards, we all went to CiCi's for pizza. Not the greatest pizza in the world, but good enough for the price.
The only problem; sleeping on the floor has left many of us aching and sore. Then, of course, there's the whole sugar crash from the munchies and pop. While JT and I were wise enough to buy caffine free Pepsi, we didn't account for the normal levels of sugar. So, the combination of pop with the salty, starchy chips, crackers and what-not, just generated a massive, on-going sugar rush for some of us. At the moment, I'm feeling kinda hungover.
Now, if you don't mind, I think I'll make an exceptionally early night of things.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Time Bandits! I love that movie! And CiCi's cinnamon rolls, m-m-m-m, good!

6:08 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Why am I not surprised to find this out? You should do a Geek-n-Tell with me and JT sometime. Or at least make a recommendation for us.
Yes, the cinnamon rolls are good. But I'm partial to the apple struddle type thiny they have.

3:44 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Up until a couple of years ago, I was a walkin' talkin' cinematic encyclopedia. Not so much anymore, but if you want to know good, old stuff, I'm yer man. ;-)
Music has taken over that station in life for me now. (no pun intended...)

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.