Sunday, March 16, 2008

Listen up!

For those of you who weren't already aware, I used to play bass in a band named Splintered. Some of the best times of my life were spent playing some of the tiniest venues imaginable - even for a Christian band - with these guys.
Well, thanks to JT, his Indie Music Podcast and his myspace page (of the same name), you can all listen to Splintered.
He took some time this weekend to create a myspace page for them. And even better, still, the music that's available from their player is from the CD that I was still playing bass on. So, now, you can all listen to me playing my bass.
I highly recommend Burn and The Right Track. Both of which I loved playing the bass lines to. Not because they were so intricate, complex or funky, but because they were so simple, yet powerful. Save The Children is also pretty good, and Seven Last Words was always better as a live version. It used to kill me to have to strecth out my fingers for that one, but it sounded awesome.
I'm allowed to offer my critique since it's my playing, too. Now feel free to give it a listen for yourself.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Was on the site last night just long enough to listen to the first song. Sounded great! Sorry I didn't have time to hang around. Will visit again.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.