Monday, March 10, 2008

My mission

This was my booth.

Not much to look at, but there's an explaination in my presentation;

Give "it" Away
Whatever "it" might be, be willing to give "it" away.

Have you been blessed?
Are you sharing that blessing?
We are called to be a blessing to others, in whatever ways we might be able to be a blessing. And the beauty of such a calling is that it doesn't really take much to be a blessing to someone else. Just a willingness to give "it" - whatever "it" might happen to be - away, to someone who needs "it".

Do you have time that you can spend with someone who needs a little company? Give "it" (some of your time) away.

Do you have some time that you can spend in prayer with others? Give "it" (the time and commitment to pray) away.

Have you been blessed financially? Give "it" (some of your financial blessing) away.

Can you afford to buy an extra can of something for the food bank? Give "it" (the can of food) away.

Have you been blessed by a book you've read recently? Give "it" (a copy of the book) away.

What about a CD or a movie? Give "it" (a copy of the CD or movie) away.

This is my ministry, my mission, my calling. To be an empty vessel, so God can keep filling me up. To allow His blessings to flow through me and not just to me so I can horde them for myself.
When we come to the full realization that everything belongs to God, and that we have no real right to declare anything to be completely our own, it becomes very easy to share all of those "things" with others. Giving "it" away - whatever "it" might be - becomes easy. Try it.

On this table you'll see several items that have truly enriched my life. In turn, I've shared them with others, in the hopes that they too will be as inspired by them as I have been.

I've given away 7 copies of Starving Jesus, 4 copies of Mere Christianity, I'm giving away this copy of Pagan Christianity today. I've given money to friends in need. I've given a place to stay to a friend with nowhere to go. I buy the bread and juice for The Revolution Church's Communion (usually). I've purchased 2 cases of Bibles (New Living Translation) so this congregation can give them to anyone who needs one. I spend time in prayer for this congregation every Sunday morning with my sisters, Kathy and Trudy. And by the end of this month, I will be sponsoring a child through Compassion International.

Am I bragging?

No, I'm just hoping that I can encourage everyone else by my small example. I'm not asking for money, or even a pat on the back. I'm asking everyone to look around and see what you can do, what you can give, to be a blessing to someone. And once you see what "it" is, give "it" away.

Ours is a faith of action, not just words. Let's live our lives like we believe what Jesus taught us. Lets all be great in the kingdom by being servants to all.

My Compassion Child:
Marline Cheriter Adhiambo
Birthday: January 12, 1995
Age: 13
Gender: Female
Region: Africa
Country: Kenya
Program: PCEA Mathare North Church Child Development Center
Orphan: Yes

Personal and Family Information:
Cheriter makes her home with her aunt. Carrying water, helping in the kitchen and running errands are her household duties. Her aunt is sometimes employed as a laborer. There are 3 children in the family.

Playing ball games is Cheriter's favorite activity. In primary school her performance is average and she also regularly attends Bible class.

Please remember Cheriter in your prayers. Your love and support will help her to receive the assistance she needs to grow and develop.

.....

So this is where I am, now. Ready to serve God in whatever way He wishes. As I mentioned above, the books on the table have really impacted me in my faith, and in my life. I'm all but too happy to share them with anyone who would like to read them. I've already promised to buy several more copies for people that were interested in them. The offer extends to all of you, too.
And the real kicker here, this is just the prelude to what I really want to share with everyone. But that will have to wait until later this week. Until then, just let these thoughts stew in your heart.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Compassion dave said...

God bless you for sponsoring a Compassion child. May others follow suit.

Have you ever considered having a Compassion Sunday at your church? I can help you get started if you like.

God bless.

http://compassiondave.wordpress.com/

1:22 PM  
Blogger Jeff A said...

Very cool M+. I like your ministry.

I like that video too, I hadn't seen it before. I think I may still be starving Jesus. Some things are very difficult to let go of, and when you do they are on rubber bands and bounce right back into your hands.

God bless,
Jeff A

1:36 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

C.Dave;
Thanks. I'll be letting you know.
Jeff;
Thank you. The video still shakes me, too. I'm not starving Jesus as much as I was. But you're certainly right about things bouncing back into my hands. It's a daily struggle to let go.
Just wait til my next post.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.