Monday, April 21, 2008

Life goes on

What an amazing time of year it is!
All the signs are here. Life is returning to our part of the world, now that we've all survived the winter. I can tell because the neighbor's lawn services are out in full force today. The smell of fresh, cut grass is overwhelming.
Also, as I was driving home from work today I couldn't help noticing the brilliant colors of spring everywhere. The trees are beginning to turn green again. There are blossoms of yellow, white, pink, and some lavender, all around. I even have tiny, purple flowers growing in my yard. I don't even mind the dandelions. It's all so incredible to behold.
And I am reminded that life, does indeed, go on. Regardless of anything we might have gone through, we've survived, haven't we? Life continues just as it always has. Year in and year out. Season after season. And we should all take some comfort in that truth.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

The Spring seems particularly sweet this year to me; I dunno, the colors the smells, the freshness... Maybe I'm just learning to appreciate beauty more and more.
Hope you had fun at the shooting range.

9:54 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Wink;
Yes, this spring does seem much more enjoyable. I have my reasons for believing so, but I shan't get into them here.

Uhhhmmmmmm, yeah...
The shooting range thing? That was more of a joke implying that if anyone would care to join me at the gun range, they would be happier because of what the article states.
Which is not to say I wouldn't like to go shooting this weekend, just that I doubt it will be happening. Besides, the weekend hasn't come nor gone yet, so I couldn't have had any fun there yet. But I'm sure I will when I finally do get there.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.