Saturday, April 26, 2008

Not really, but OK...

Gettin' outside to do some yardwork while I have Not-So-Emo Bob here for the weekend. He's mowing my lawn even as I type this...

I can't complain. I do love being outside when it's this nice (sunny and 75). It'll be even better when the flowers around the yard sart to blossom. Besides, the lawn mowing really isn't so bad, except for the swampy area in my backyard, and I'll be the one to do that since the Boy always seems to get the mower stuck in it. Underground springs are everywhere in my area, and swampy backyards are apparently how they make their presence known.
We must discuss what we're going to plant in our garden patch. Maybe get things turned over and prepare the ground for whatever Bob and I decide we'd like to grow. Then I have to come up with a plan to keep all the critters out of it, or else we'll only be getting the scraps that are left behind for us. And I have no intentions of doing the work necessary to grow food unless I get to enjoy the majority of it.
Unless, of course, I simply use the garden as bait for the more tasty critters...

OK, gotta run. It sounds like Bob may have just run over one of those critters with my lawn mower. I never realized that a lawn mower could make such a hideous sound. I'd better make sure it wasn't his foot.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Have been working in my flower beds all morning. That is such good therapy for what ails a soul... It sure is a great day in western PA, no? I was expecting rain! That would have been a big boo-hiss.
I'm jealous that you're putting in a garden. I don't have the time but PD's father has a HUGE one and is nice enough to share the bounty.
Please tell us that EB's foot is intact.

1:20 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

My flower bed is more of a weed bed. And I don't have the patience to actually weed them out. But I do have some really nice hostas and tiger lilies growing out of it all. Oh, and two decent rose bushes.

It just started and stopped raining here. Now I'll wait and see what happens next because the sun was shining the whole time.

Don't be too jealous of the garden. this is my first real attempt at it. And I really don't know how it's going to turn out.

N-S-EB's foot is intact. It was a tree root.

3:51 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Yesterday was a weird weather day, but I'll take it EVERY day :-) I wore myself out and went to bed at 9, which is something I NEVER do on the weekend. By 9:15 I was wide awake and got back up... Promptly fell asleep before finding out who was the musical guest on SNL. :-(
Good luck w/the garden.
Glad the root wasn't the foot!

9:15 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Yesterday's weather was weird ???

This is western PA. I've heard thunder during snowstorms. I've seen lighting while the sun is shining. I've watched stormfronts roll in and be gone in less than five minutes. As far as I can tell, yesterday's weather was par for the course around here.

Yeah, what's the point of weekends if you're not gonna stay up late? I take naps. I took one in the afternoon yesterday.

Didn't get as much done as I would've liked to in the yard, but it it ain't goin anywhere...

The lawn mowing season has just begun. Bob will have plenty of opportunity to scare the bejebus out of me before it's done.

11:25 AM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

What I meant by weird... One second it was bright sun and then all of a sudden, BLACK. Then a huge downpour and then beautiful again just as quickly. Big wind, too, my back door almost went for a ride.
I know, I've heard thunder with snow. That is truly weird.
Now, here it is, Sunday night, almost 10pm. I have to get up at 5:30 and I'm wide awake and not wanting to go to bed :-(

9:49 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Like I said, par for the course as far as I can tell.

I know that feeling. Seems like you didn't get enough late-night time on Saturday night.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.