Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A rarity indeed

A small bit of conversation at work today revolved around the tax rebate checks/direct-deposits that are suppose to be coming very soon. It would seem that some of my co-workers have already received theirs. Now I'll have to go to my financial institution to check on mine. But I'll never make it there before they close today. Guess that's on the top of my priorities list for tomorrow after work.

It's uncommon for the government to be giving money back to the taxpayers, but it's truly rare that they're distributing that money earlier than originally indicated. Almost makes me wonder if there isn't some catch to this...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course there is a catch. You will eventually have to pay this money back in some form.... you dont think there is enough money extra in the budget to GIVE almost every man, woman, and child in the country $300 do you???? Expect next year's refund check to be smaller than this year's.

12:55 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Anon;
Yes, that was the obvious catch. I'm more concerned about something less conspicuous.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.