Sunday, April 06, 2008

Saddened by this news

I just found out that Charleton Heston has passed away.
This man was a legend, and one of my heroes. I, and I am sure many of you, grew up watching his movies.
Tell me you don't remember watching The Ten Commandments every Easter on ABC for the last 30 years or so. And how many of us think the chariot race from Ben Hur was one of the greatest scenes ever filmed? Remember "Get your damned dirty hands off of me you filthy ape!"?
I probably don't have to tell anyone that I also respected his political views, too. And I do have to point something out that is in error in the linked obituary. In the 9th paragraph the writer mentions Mr. Heston's involvement in the civil rights movement, then adds that his politics became more conservative later. The truth of the matter is that the civil rights movement was created and supported by the Republican party. The Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was a registered Republican. But don't worry, I'm not going to turn this into a political rant. I just wanted to clarify things.

So, it is with a sad heart that I bid farewell to this icon of Americam film. Please keep his family in your prayers.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Heff said...

"Soylent Green is PEOPLE !!!"

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.