Sunday, May 18, 2008

Fully alive

How many people struggle with what the above Quote... really implies about our lives? Because, if that's true, then our lives should not be mundane. Nor should we be struggling just to make it through each workday. We are meant for something more, something better. Especially those of us who call ourselves Christians.
I'm not about to tell everyone that I am living a life that is fully alive. But I am getting there.
Allow me to begin by telling everyone that I am currently reading another book about Christian spiritual growth. It's titled Waking the Dead, by John Eldridge, and I will tell you all that it is a phenomenal book.
I don't want to say too much about the book, though. I'd much rather you explore it for yourself - if you're so inclined. But I do want to say that I recognize some of the things that the author addresses in the book about living a life that is fully alive. And I am proud to say that I have been learning these lessons for quite some time now, and I'm glad to see how those lessons have impacted my life for the better.
I have come to realize that over the last several months, as I've committed myself to my faith, to my spiritual gifts and to being generous with the finances, and other resources which God has blessed me with, I am seeing what it truly means to be fully alive.
I can see the direction that God is leading me in. I can see the plan He has for my life as it unfolds a little bit more each day. And I can tell that He has great things in store for me, and not only for me, but for many of those who are around me. And that makes me feel alive - that knowing - that I have a distinct purpose in the grand scheme of things. What could be more invigorating?
If I had known earlier that living a generous life meant living a satisfied life, I would've started a lot sooner...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff A said...

Gonna have to add that one to my "want to read list". I have been voracious lately when it comes to reading!

10:11 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

I hear ya brother!
I've never been one to read more than one book at a time, but I have such a long list of books I want to read that I'm currently reading 3 at once.

5:54 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

I used to have 2 or 3 going at a time, usually a fiction and a non-fiction at least. These days I'm lucky if I can keep up with one and that makes me sad :-(
I started the Herald-Mage series by Mercedes Lackey, purely for entertainment and a month into it, I'm barely halfway thru the first book.

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.