Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I love my kids

Ya know, sometimes it helps to hear what other people are going through in order to better appreciate how good we have it. And I've been blessed with such an opportunity lately.
I got to talk to a couple of my co-workers who have kids around my daughter Aliesha's age and I can't tell you how happy I am that I don't have their problems.

One is sending his daughter to college in New York. That's where she decided that she wanted to go. He's paying for everything because she doesn't have a job. And now she's not sure she wants to stay in that school. So after he's already paid for one year, she's thinking of leaving that school and maybe going to another. And this says nothing for her summer plans. Being without a job means he'll probably end up paying to keep her entertained all summer long.

Another co-worker has a 20-something year old son who lives at home, has no job, isn't going to school, has some medical problems and still managed to go out and buy a new truck, which my co-worker is currently making the payments on, as well as paying for the gas that goes in it.

I gotta say, I'm doing pretty good considering that Aliesha's sharing an apartment with a couple of her friends and I don't pay any of her bills.
Life is good...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff A said...

Sometimes in order to count our blessings we need to look at the failings of others!

12:37 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Yeah, that's what I say.

7:10 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

I can tell you this- Juju was a "problem child" and I say that in the nicest sort of way ;-) The upside is that she did a complete 180 and ended up one of the most delightful people I know.
Michael, my son, was a breeze to raise. But these days, he's MIA more often than not.
So you just never know, I guess is my point.
Mother's Day will be the tell-all :-)

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.