Saturday, May 03, 2008

Introductions are in order

For those of you who pay attention to such things, you may have noticed I've recently added a new blog to my list of Blogs I Visit. Her name is Aspen, and she's living with Cystic Fibrosis. I found out about her through a friend of mine who was asking me for a little bit of insight on some of the therapy available, since I work for a company that manufactures respiratory devices.
I sincerely recommend that you check out her blog, just to see what an amzing young lady she is. She chronicles her daily struggles with not only the CF, but with diabetes and an insurance company that is denying most of her claims for necessary treatments.
It is because of that last bit - the part about the insurance company - that our mutual friend, and a small handful of others who truly care about Aspen, have created a special fund to help cover those unpaid costs and to help purchase much needed medical equipment and supplies for her. I'm going to recommend that those of you who have it within your means to do so, go to The Aspen Fund to make a small donation to this beautiful young lady who is just one incredible, shining example of how we ought to live our lives, even in adversity.
I am truly inspired by her positive attitude amid these struggles. I think yinz would be, too. Please visit her and maybe pass on some encouragement.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08125/878966-85.stm

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.