Monday, June 16, 2008

After the show

The show actually had to be cut short because of approaching thunder and lightning. But the storm never really manifested. Although it was fantastic to see the flashes of light in the clouds and hear the thunder rolling in the distance.

We stayed in the stage area until the crowd dispersed. Besides, I had to get this picture taken with Charlie. We almost look like father and son - I am old enough. Maybe I should be wearing warpaint, too.
No, I am not envious of his spiked and colored mohawk. I'm quite happy with my own, thank you very much.



Josh was just incredible, so I had to get a shot with him.



And thank you JT for getting this one of my ponytail. I'm really loving my haircut right now.



After the show everybody headed up to the merchandise area to get autographs from Eowyn. You can really tell that she loves her fans. This was not a quick, sign it and send 'em away thing. She actually took the time to talk to each of the kids who asked her to sign anything. Of course, I realize that in a larger venue something so personal is not possible. But I get the feeling she would still try to meet everyone of her fans.
Now, I do have to say, Eowyn did unintentionally insult us at one point. As one young man approached her to tell her "I love you! I want to marry you!" and she responded by telling him "But I'm old."...
So what does that make me, JT and P.Dave?
We politely joked with her about it. She's in her early thirties and she asked each of us our ages. And I have to say that her reaction to me telling her my age was quite flattering. When I told her I was 42 she actually looked taken back by it and said "Really?... Wow!". I suppose it's the mohawk. Not many 40-somethings are wearing them these days.
We lingered on for awhile as JT was still hoping to get his interview with her. But as it was getting late, she still had a lot of things to take care of and we still had an hour drive before us. So, they decided that they would work something out over the phone.
Getting back was much easier than the ride in. All we had to do was stay on the road we pulled onto until we came to 22. From there we were home free.
The end of a glorious day.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

It's obvious that you had a really great time, glad for you. Charlie is so cute and I never would have believed Eowyn's age, she looks closer to 12! ;-)
I'd really like it if you posted me a pronunciation of her name. I'm saying "ee-OW-win" in my head...

9:54 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Ay-o-win; like the character from Lord Of The Rings. Or haven't you watched the movies?

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.