Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's day

Sunday was Father's Day, and after church (which went really well, but I'll post about that some other day as more things manifest around what was happening) my darling daughter, Aliesha, and my favorite son, Rob Cross (as he has come to refer to himself in the third person these days) decided to take me out for dinner.
We went to a newly renovated and under new ownership chinese buffet in Trafford, near Pitcairn. It's called the Moon Buffet, and it's got a really new concept going on. Not only does it also have a sushi bar, as do so many other chinese buffets, it has what is called a Mongolian Barbeque.
Now, I'm sure some of you are asking "What's a Mongolian Barbeque?". Well, so did I. They explained it by showing me what it is. Basically, you have a cold salad bar with a variety of vegetables, both oriental and western, and you also have meats such as shrimp, crab, chicken, beef and pork. What you do is put the items you want onto a plate and choose a sauce, or sauces, to go with your choices and then they stir-fry it on a hibachi for you. It's kinda like the tableside cooking that they do at the expensive japanese steakhouses, but since it's a buffet, they don't do it at your table, or with the fancy juggling knife-work. They do it behind a counter beside the sushi bar. But it's still pretty cool since they use two long wooden sticks instead of the knives and spatula. And it was delicious. I will have to go there again, soon.
After we had dinner, the three of us headed over to my brother's house for desert. They had invited Mom over for dinner, and since we typically would go over to Mom's for dinner, it only seemed appropriate that we go. And while there was plenty of food, we just couldn't eat anymore, such is the curse of chinese buffets. But it was still nice to visit with everyone again.
My grand nephew is still afraid of me. But I figure by the time he graduates from high school, he won't be running away from me anymore.
We returned home and relaxed, but I was so wiped out from the rest of the weekend, I just crashed. That's why I took today off to recover, and to post about the weekend. and now that I've finished with my posting, I'm going to go take a nap.
I'll get caught up with everyone else's blogs and my e-mails when I wake up.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Sounds like you had a yummy day. We have a Chinese place near here that does that same thing, but I wasn't sure if it had a name...

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.