Saturday, June 07, 2008

Mother Nature is a liar!

For those of you who remember me sharing this photo earlier in the week...



... and my excitement that it seemed as if this rosebud was going to blossom into a lovely rose with a deep, shade of red.
Guess what.
Didn't happen!
Instead, I find this rose in full bloom this morning.



Barely even a hint of red, let alone the deeper color I was expecting.
It actually looks kinda peachy in coloration.



Ya know, it almost looks like one of those silk flowers you'd find in a craft store.
Oh well, I'm not complaining, it's still a beautiful rose. Just thought I'd share the pics with everyone. And do my part to let yinz know that Mother Nature is not to be trusted...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Mother Nature has a sense of Serendipity too, and I like that.
This rose is gorgeous and thank you for showing us :-)

8:06 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Yes she does.
I think it's a beautiful rose, too. That's why I shared it with everyone.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous faith said...

I agree, that rose is very beautiful!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Jeff A said...

Looks good though. I can't wait for any of our flowers to bloom here. That is if they haven't drowned!

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.