Thursday, August 21, 2008

Just to let everyone know

Well, today was my darling daughter Aliesha's 20th birthday.
We went out to the Olive Garden for dinner. And, in case you've missed the commercials, they have the Endless Pasta Bowl thing going on now. So, needless to say, we had much pasta.
I suppose now is also as good a time as any to share a little bit more info with everyone.

I'm going to be a grandfather...

Yeah, that's right, my darling daughter is pregnant. She told me this a month or two ago, and I've been "digesting" it for awhile. So, now I'm finally sharing it with all of you, my faithful friends and readers.
I can't say I'm excited about the situation, her not being married and all. But she's my little girl, and I love her with all my heart, so I'm not really angry or upset with her for what happened.
When she told me, I kinda knew it was coming. Anytime your unmarried daughter starts a conversation with "I'm not sure how to tell you this...", you kinda know what's coming next. We told my mom a few weeks ago. Aliesha needed to work up her courage for that. But I don't see why. Mom is getting to be an old pro at hearing this news. I'm not going to explain that, but some of you have known me and my family long enough to know what I'm talking about.
I did make a point to tell her that I'm not ashamed or disappointed with her. I made sure to tell her that I love her no matter what, and there's always room for her here at home if she needs it.

I think that's all I'm going to say about this right now. It's not that I'm reluctant to share anything else. I'm just not sure I need to. In any event, please keep her and the baby in your prayers, for good health.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger mare said...

Michael, I'm so glad that you are supporting your daughter and showing her your unconditional love, which I'm sure she really needs right now. But, then again, I would expect nothing less from you. :-)

10:39 AM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

This is not what I'd expected when I came here to get caught up on about a hundred posts.
I'm sure God has a plan here and you seem to be accepting of the idea and that's a good thing. We never quite know how to react when a surprise of this magnitude presents itself. I'm glad you are being supportive. Alisha will need help. And besides, being a grandparent, is, well, just about the funnest thing ever.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.