Friday, August 29, 2008

Steeler Nation

Oh, yeah! Tonight was amazing!
P.Dave and I had a blast at the game. But we didn't just go to the game. Today also began the Coors Light Kick-off and Rib-Fest at Heinz Field. So we arrived early enough to sample some ribs and enjoy the various sights and sounds around the outside of Heinz Field.
Going inside was even better. I finally got to see the Great Hall; the place where all of the Vince Lombardi Trophies are enshrined. And there's so much other Steeler memorabilia to admire as well.
It's an incredible stadium. Even the peanut-heaven seats were great seats. We could see everything, even if it did seem kinda small. But I also noticed that everything seems smaller than when you're watching the game on TV.
The Steelers won, which is always a good thing. Another great bonus to tonight's game was that P.Dave has a cousin (Patrick Bailey) who was drafted by the Steelers and it's looking pretty good for him to make the Special Teams Unit, especially after his performance tonight.
This was all so cool. It was my first time to see the Steelers play at Hienz Field, and only my second time ever being at a game. And I'm really glad that P.Dave joined me for it. We don't get to hang out as often as we'd like, and this was just a great opportunity for us to do something really cool together.
This is all just more proof that Jesus really loves me...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.