Friday, August 08, 2008

That was fun

I must say, today was a great day!
It was Respironics' annual Summerfest. I know I've posted about it before. Food and games and all on company time. I won't go into too much detail about the goings on, but I will let everyone know that I had the chance to participate in a few events this year that I didn't get to last year. And that means more chances to win a prize. I'm praying for one of the vacation days. But I'll be happy with the Wii, or even one of the Giant Eagle gift cards. Came in second place in the Game Show Mania trivia game and the Water-Balloon Toss. Which is cool.
I was also instrumental in getting a chairty added to our list of charities (formerly "charity") that would benefit from the proceeds of the games. Along with the American Heart Association, part of the money raised today will go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (sorry Kenn, some of the Summerfest Committee members were under the impression that Aspen was being assisted by the foundation). My original proposal was to send a portion to The Aspen Fund, but the Summerfest Committee didn't feel comfortable donating to a private charity since everyone at Respironics probably knows someone who needs help with medical bills and whatnot. So they went with their next best option. I have to admit that I even though the CFF isn't helping Aspen in her struggles, I'm kinda proud to have gotten Respironics involved in this. I have to hope that somebody somewhere is going to benefit from what we donate. I know that God will honor my/our intentions.
Well, I'm kinda wiped out now, but in a really good way. Much food was eaten, many desserts were tasted, much fun was had. What a way to kick off the weekend!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.