Wednesday, August 06, 2008

There oughta be a law !!!

I find it hard to believe that those words actually came out of my mouth today, but they did.
Most of you already know that I'm not a big fan of government. The less government we have to deal with, the better we all are. And, yet, I find at least one instance where I wouldn't be opposed to a little bit of governmental intrusion.
In a discussion with some of my co-workers today, including a few smokers, we pondered over something that troubles us all - including the smokers.
Have you ever driven behind a smoker who just tosses their butts out the window? I gotta tell ya, I hate when people do that! It's as if these people think the whole world is their personal ashtray. It's one of the most ignorant, selfish and rude behaviors that someone can engage in, and there ought to be a law against it.
Oh, but I'm not talking about the litter laws (which aren't being enforced, anyways). Nooooo. I'm talking about a special law just to nail these self-important morons to the wall!
I say we come up with a law that allows those of us who drive behind these ignoramuses to turn them in when we witness them throwing their cigarrette butts out the window. Give us a toll-free number to call so we can report their license plate number, as well as a vehicle description, like the color, make and model of the vehicle - as a means of confirmation, and then let the appropraite agencies mail them their ticket. I suggest a $100 fine with the additional $300 littering fine, as well.

What do you think? Would it curb anyone's behavior? Would you turn anyone in?

I just had to vent a litle bit over this. I've been seeing it happen two or three times a day on my way home from work, and I think it really sucks!

OK, I'm gonna take my brown shirt off now...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had this conversation with people before. I agree totally. It goes back to the sign that says "I don't swim in your toilet so don't pee in my pool". I'd like to pee in someone's car one day. OK, maybe that is another issue.

But really. Why can't we all just have paintball guns? When someone does something stupid as a driver we could shoot their car. A badge of stupidity if you will. What would you think if you saw a car with a ton of paint spots? Exactly!

Of course... there are about a million downsides to that plan too. But my job is not to think of those things. I'd be happy just running around with a ball-peen hammer and offering "corrective advice" for people.

Maybe I should not post comments just after I get done with my drive home from work?

7:20 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Ah, yes, the ball-peen hammer solution. One of my favs, along the same line as my Bullet Awards and The 3 Kill Rule.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.