Thursday, September 11, 2008

Do I need to say anything?

Today is the 7th anniversary of the worst terrorist attack in american history.
I realize I didn't need to say anything about it. I'm sure you all remember the day, perhaps even the exact moment that you heard the news. I'm also sure that you've been reminded by others already. In fact, I'm actually sitting here watching a documentary about the events on the History Channel as I type this.
It's good to remember. Not just because we should be mindful and vigilant against the possibility of such an attack occuring again. And not just because we should always learn from history before we are forced to relive it. But because there were thousands of our fellow countrymen and women who perished that day. They deserve our rememberance. Especially the heroes of that day - the police and firefighters, as well as the ordinary citizens who stepped up to help while everyone else was running for safety. God bless them all!

Please, remember these people in your own way today. And regardless of how you feel about the war in Iraq or Afghanistan, remember those men and women who serve in our military also. The events of that day are the reason why we are at war today. And the men and women who serve are the reason why you and I have the freedoms we enjoy.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.