Tuesday, September 02, 2008

It was a good weekend.

It was a good weekend. Most of you are aware that it began on Thrusday night with me and P.Dave going to the Steeler's last pre-season game. And that also included the Rib-Fest.
The rest of the weekend I spent loafing. Mostly because I've been continuing to recover from all of the other stuff that's been going on over the weekends through the entire summer. It's been one full weekend after another, for the most part. And this was most likely to be the last empty one for awhile. But I'm not complaining. I've been enjoying everything and thankful to God for all of it.
I did get to hang out with Bob for awhile yesterday, too. Which was good, since he didn't come down for the weekend. It seems that there were some festivities going on at his aunt's house, and since she has a swimming pool, it was a much more inviting offer than just loafing with me.
Still, he's been waiting for a package to arrive here for about a week, and it finally came in over the weekend. So when I told him it was here he offered to give me gas money and treat me to lunch if I'd bring it out to him. And since I like spending time with the boy, and he still thinks I'm kinda cool, I jumped at the offer.
I have to say, the 45 minute ride, each way, was well worth it for a couple reasons, besides the obvious. The first one was an instance of justice being served. There's a spot on the route out to Bob's mom's where there's a little bridge that's having some work done on it. As a result, it's a single lane with a stop sign at each end of the bridge. As far as I can tell, and as far as the rules of the road are concerned, a stop sign means everybody stops so the person at the other side can take their turn. Especially if there's more than one vehicle at each side.
So, anyways, what happened was this. I was driving behind a jeep as we approached the stop sign on our side of the bridge. On the other side was an SUV of some kind and another car behind it. Well, the Jeep in front of me stopped first, so the SUV allowed the Jeep to go. After the Jeep passed, I stopped to give the SUV his turn. The SUV took his turn - and so did the car behind it.
Now, I sure we've all had our fair share of "Where's a cop when you need one?" moments in our lives. Well, this time there was a state trooper right there for me. And, sure enough, he didn't like the fact that the second vehicle didn't make a complete stop or yield to the other vehicle - that would be me - so he hit the lights and pulled the other driver over. Do I need to mention that I had a smirk on my face after that.
But back to the trip. I got to Jo's and met Bob and gave him his package. You'd have thought it was Christmas day. He opened it immediately. He was quite excited to have his package - but I'm not telling anyone what it was yet. You''ll find out soon enough, I'm sure.
We were going to go to a Chinese buffet out near Indiana Mall, but they were closed. In fact, we ended up going to Fire Mountain because any of the other places that Bob wanted to eat at were all closed for the holiday. Go figure.
We sat and ate and talked about stuff. School has started out good for him. But I get the sense he's about to do something mischievous, soon. He's looking forward to Vertical Festival with me. He may have his friend Matt joining us, and I'm hoping JT will be able to make it too.
After eating we went to Wal Mart so he could pick up a couple of shirts. Then I took him back to his mother's. I then headed home for a nice nap, followed up by staying in the rest of the evening watching movies and relaxing some more. What a way to wrap up a long weekend.
Of course, now that everything is back to some semblance of normal, and work is back in full swing, I'm looking forward to next weekend.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.