Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Falling

Perhaps most of you have noticed that Autumn is upon us.
Around here, it's actually kinda chilly outside today. It's been raining off and on and the sky has been changing from sunny to cloudy to dark and ominous, and back again nearly every half hour it seems. And I'm reminded that Summer is, indeed, over. Unlike most years, when I welcome the changing seasons, the cooler air, the clear night skies to watch the stars by, I'm truly sad to see Summer go this year.

I can say, with a great deal of certainty, that this was the best Summer of my life. It has been one continuous adventure from the very beginnning. And for those of you who've been reading my blog all along, I'm sure you've noticed that sense of on-going excitement in nearly everything I've written since May - when I did my first event with Compassion. There was the Summer Slam Fest, with Alakrity and Eowyn, and the Moraine Park Summer Festival with Pillar. And of course, there was mine and Bob's time at Creation. As well as our visits to Purple Door and Vertical Fest. Not to mention Ren-Fest, Parts 1 and 2. And countless smaller (mis)adventures in between them all.
It's been great to share a lot of my time with my son - who is at an age when most sons want nothing to do with their dads - and to have him tell his friends that I'm cool. It's been great to see him growing spiritually. It's also been great to spend time with some of my closest friends, like JT and P.Dave. And it has been great that I've been able to share all of it with you, my faithful readers. Thank you for being a part of it.
"Every day is a glorious new adventure with God." I wonder what God has in store for me this Fall...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

You really have had a busy and fruitful summer. But you know what, I think that will keep happenin' for you cause you seem to be in a really good place :-)
And yes, this weather has been crazy!

5:54 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Wink;
I agree! Wholeheartedly!
God has me in a great place right now, and as long as I continue to follow His lead, and do as he asks, I can't go wrong.

I had to turn on my furnace today...

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.