Sunday, October 05, 2008

I think he gets it

This is my explaination for today's Quote.
Rob and I talk a lot. Every so often, during those conversations, he'll come up with something simple, yet truly profound. Yesterday was one of those times.
We were discussing his part in the upcoming school play, his new-found popularity at school, and his approach to friendships/relationships. As we talked about these things he shared with me that he has been deciding to do a lot of these things simply because he wants to. I explained to him that what he's talking about is what I have come to call "living from the heart." He also explained that when he makes the decision to do something he often feels a little worried at first, but he hears another voice inside of him telling him to just move forward - to live with no regrets, which was one of the messages he brought home from Creation, from, of all people, Justin Lookado (the speaker in this picture).
As our conversation continued he came to realize that our hearts want us to take risks and act on what it is we truly desire to do for ourselves. But it's usually our head that will come up reasons why the risks outweight the benefits. But Rob is learning to listen to his heart. And like myself, he has come to find that he is more satisfied now than he ever was before. He has learned from me, and I have learned from him. Apparently, this wasn't only the greatest summer of my life, my son seems to have had a great one as well. And how awesome is it that we shared it together?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff A said...

This is cool, I am so glad that you two are connecting so well. I understand how hard it can be. I talk to my son about once a month, when he deems it necessary to call me.

As for the quote, that is all well and good, but I think my heart is just as insane as my mind!

12:49 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Jeff;
Rob and I have a remarkable bond.

What can I say about your insanity except, I hope you're enjoying it as much as possible.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Jeff A said...

I enjoy it to the fullest!

10:34 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Psssst, Jeff. I thought he was one of us. Shhh. Don't spoil his fun.

Ha ;-)

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.