Saturday, October 18, 2008

See through my eyes

I've been wanting to share a few things with everyone lately. Particularly with all of the colors of fall happening in all of their brilliance. So I strapped my bike on the rack and took a little ride this morning.
It was a brief ride because it was freakin' cold out this morning. And I didn't go to the Yough Trail for the ride because I wanted to share some of the things that I get to see nearly everyday. It was too cloudy this morning (and I don't even want to think about how frigid it would've been) to try to get a shot of the actually sunrise today. So I waited for better lighting before I took my ride this morning.
So, below you're going to see pics of some of the wonderful, scenery that I get to admire on an almost daily basis. I won't spoil the view with unnecessary words, but I will give a few explanations as they are needed. I do hope you'll enjoy this journey into my world and the way I see it.

This is on the rose bush in my front yard.



And this bud wasn't quite ready yet.



I actually took those shots earlier in the week, but hesitated on posting them since I wanted more pics to go with them. And I'm glad I did, because this is what the bud looked like this morning before I started my ride.



I love that fact that I got the red from the leaves on my dogwood tree in the background of the first capture of the bud, and I have the yellows and oranges in the second shot. Incredible!

These next ones are from the Park-n-Ride lot.



You can see my car sitting there in the corner by itself.
And then a little closer look from this same angle.



Did a little ride around the lot to get these.





And this one from the back of the lot, just because I think it's so cool.



A couple more shots along the way.





And I had to share this with you because this is pretty much the view I get to see everyday at work.



Yes, I rode my bike to the parking lot at work, and walked up to the window of my most current work area, just so I could take these two pictures for everyone.
The one below is a shot of where I get to see the sunrise.



During the fall, the sun usually comes up in the opening between the two stands of trees. But during the summer it came up behind the stand of trees to the left of the tower. So now you all know what I'm looking at when I describe the sunrises I get to behold.
Finally, the last shot from when I got back to the Park-n-Ride lot.



Welcome to my world.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeff A said...

Nice views, I should do something like this, but all I see is the back of the house behind me most of the time!

10:04 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Jeff;
That's why I took the ride on my bike. Don't you ever get out?
Of course, the rose is on my front porch, so I didn't have to go too far for that one.

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Mary Ann said...

Thank you for the beautiful pictures. I especially like the rose with the orange and yellow in the background. I was compelled to take pictures of the trees in my neighborhood a few years ago. I drove along Babcock Boulevard and stopped every now and then. The most beautiful scenery can be found where you least expect it - behind car dealerships and restaurants, etc.

12:12 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Mare;
You're absolutely right. As you can see, I found some amazing beauty behind the PAT Park-N-Ride on 286.

6:33 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Thanks for sharing some beautiful pictures with us.
(that other thing I typed my comment in didn't seem to work. It could show up somewhere odd, if my luck has anything to do with it...)

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.