Monday, October 06, 2008

Spreading God's love

Have you seen the commercial from Interstate Batteries yet, the one about God's Love?
You have to check this out;



At a time when most corporations are distancing themselves from the very mention of the word "Christmas", it's unheard of to see a company boldly proclaim their (or, at least, their Chairman's) faith in Christ. How cool is that?

But then again, if you were to go to the page where this video is posted on YouTube, you'd see a hideous debate going on between several people who love the vid for it's Christian over tones, and several others who hate it for the same reason. Go figure...
It's actually kinda humorous since it used to be the Christians who would get upset and offended by something on TV, now it's the atheists. And instead of the atheists telling the Christians "You can always change the channel.", now it's the Christians telling the atheists "If you don't like it, don't watch it." The atheists aren't pleased with this ironic twist of fate.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeff A said...

That is awesome, and what makes it even better is that it is aggravating the atheists!

10:35 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Wow, how refreshing was that???

I have to disagree with my Amigo on that last part. I'm not one for wishing bad stuff on others, (usually, anyway) even athesists. I tend to think that makes us no better than them.

5:41 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Jeff;
I knew you'd like it. But I'm kinda with Wink on this one.

Wink;
I'm sure Jeff isn't wishing anything bad on our atheist friends, except for the aggravation that they allow themselves to feel over this. But I agree that if we act as if they deserve to be aggravated by us, we're no better than those who are trying to force their non-religious beliefs on us.

6:51 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Just want to say after having re-read these comments, I didn't mean to make Jeff seem like a vindictive, hate-monger. I know he's a teddy bear with a sense of humor. Most likely I had a migraine when I typed that. Makes my thinking cloudy. Yeah, cloudier than usual.

9:32 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Wink;
Jeff, a vindictive hate-monger? Pleeeeease? I never thought any such thing because of your comment. I simply agree that those of us who call ourselves believers must not lower ourselves to a level of sniping at those who do not agree with us. We can never spread the love of God by not sharing it with those who don't already love Him.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.