Monday, November 24, 2008

Are we ready yet?

I'm sure all of you are aware that Thursday is Thanksgiving. Who's got plans?
Well, I for one, have some really great plans for the Holiday.
As of 2:45 this afternoon I am done with work until next Tuesday. Tomorrow I'll be making a Thanksgiving dinner at church for our Tuesday Night Family Service. We've invited another church in the community to join us, as well. I expect to get to church some time around noon to set things rolling. I've got two 16 lb. turkeys and all the stuff I need for the stuffing. I'm also making candied yams to go with the turkey. And I might just stop at Wal-Mart and pick-up a bag or two of the frozen corn-on-the-cob nibblers. I have voluneers bringing mashed potatoes, a salad and some other stuff. This should be good !!!
Then on Wednesday I'll be taking my mother to visit her family on the far side of Ohio for the Thanksgiving weekend. We're both looking forward to this trip. Since we never made it for a visit over the summer, this one is overdue.
So, if you don't hear anything from me for awhile, you'll know why.
I do expect to get a Thanksgiving post up before I go. Maybe I'll start it tonight and schedule it to post on Thrusday morning. We'll see.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeff A said...

Mmm, food, I love Thanksgiving, although this one will be bittersweet since I cannot eat as much as I would like to!

7:19 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

You probly know I had Thanksgiving here this past weekend when JuJu and her family came. I cooked my first Thanksgiving dinner, believe it or not. We had a great day.
If I don't talk to you before then, I wish you and all your family a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. We have so much to be thankful for and good friends are way up on that list.
Give your mom a hug for me, wouldja?

8:57 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Jeff,
I'm sure you'll be just fine. Just eat your favorites.
Wink,
Now how would I know about your Thanksgiving when you never mentioned it in your e-mail and I haven't been able to access your blog until just yesterday? And even then, you haven't mentioned it yet except to say it was great...
Yes, good friends are always on my list of things to be thankful for. Watch for an upcoming post on that.
I will give Mom a hug for you.

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Faith said...

Happy Thanksgiving ahead of time, so I don't forget!

Russ and I are going to Gettysburg for the weekend! We are spending Thursday w/my family, and then Friday headed to Gettysburg, I can't wait...so excited!

Hope you enjoy Ohio!!

10:50 AM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

I'm such a ditz sometimes... I've been yakking about them coming for days and just assumed I'd yakked to you!

I want my old brain (and blog!) back!

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.