Monday, November 10, 2008

Mixed emotions

It was kinda weird for me today to see snow on some cars this morning. Not mine, but a few others. It's not that I was surprised, but after last week being so sunny and warm, I was a bit taken aback by it. And it got me thinking, Christmas isn't too far away.
I realize that many of you aren't quite ready to start thinking about Christmas yet, and that's OK. To be completely honest, I didn't think I was ready yet, myself. But I think I am now. Like I said, the warm, sunny weather we had last week kinda threw me off. Made it awkward to watch the handful of Christmas themed commercials that I saw. But I'm not so confused about it all now.
Actually, last year I came to the realization that the true start of the Holiday Season begins on Labor Day, because we have successive holidays to celebrate each month from Labor Day on. I tend to believe it works out well for us since the celebrations tend to take our minds off of the gloom that seems to fall upon us after the leaves have fallen from the trees.
I'm looking forward to the rest of the holidays this year. So far, so good. Halloween went exceptionally well for me. Currently, the rest of my plans include making Thanksgiving dinner for my Tuesday night family service at church, and then taking Mom to visit the family in Ohio for the holiday weekend. Of course, I'm sure that I will spend Christmas Eve at my brother's house with Mom and the kids. And I suspect that New Years Eve will be spent here at my house, again, with JT and anyone who cares to show-up for our Annual Movie Marathon Night. Sounds good to me.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

I had no snow on my car, either... but several blocks from here and the rest of the ride to work? Every car I saw parked had a coating of the stuff.
I haven't even STARTED to think about Christmas yet. Only because I haven't had a spare minute.

7:39 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Wink,
I'm actually looking forward to some snow. That's all it will take to really get my Holiday Spirit flowing.
I've been forced to think about Christmas lately. Bob has already told me what he wants, and I've already told him the price is way out of my league...

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.