Tuesday, November 25, 2008

This couldn't wait

I just got in from our Tuesday Night Family Service and all I can say is...

WOW !!!

The Thanksgiving Dinner was a huge success! We were joined by the other church from the community which I had mentioned in my previous post and everyone enjoyed themselves. I received many compliments on the food. We had an incredible time of fellowship with one another. It was an evening well spent as a community of believers in Christ. And worth every second that I put into preparing it all.
We had the turkey and stuffing, the candied sweet potatoes (with pecans), corn-on-the-cob, a large salad, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, enchilladas (which JT and I refer to as "mexican lasagna") and pumpkin pie for desert. There was a basket set aside to take an offering to help cover my costs for the meal. It was more than enough for tonight. The surplus will fund next Tuesday Night's meal.
I was so thankful for the opportunity to serve in this way. And we've decided that this ought to be an annual event for our churches. And that makes me feel really great about having the idea in the first place.
I am sooooo blessed by God !!!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Sounds wonderful :-)

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.