Thursday, December 11, 2008

And it only gets worse

So, not only are my legs and feet still killing me, now I have new pains to deal with.

Cardboard is my nemesis today!

I have to deal with a lot of cardboard with my new responsibilities. For those of you who've ever worked with cardboard for any substantial length of time, you're well aware of how quickly it dries out your hands. Dry hands are suseptible to cracking and can be cut very easily by the thinner edges of said cardboard. I've got three bandages on my fingers at the moment.
Time to break out the moisturizing lotion. Fortunately, the stuff I have smells like chocolate. At least I won't smell like some kind of plant or perfume while I heal. Instead, I'll smell wonderfully delicious...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Wow, that's rough. Sometimes I help PD rip up our cardboard for recycling and even the pizza boxes are killers. Cardboard cuts are the worst! If it's any consolation, you'll probly get callouses and that will protect your hands a bit...

7:43 PM  
Blogger Jeff A said...

I used to do shipping at my old job, so I feel your pain brother!

11:38 PM  
Anonymous faith said...

Working with cardboard sucks, but working with paper is just as bad. It REALLY drys your hands out. Of course cardboard cuts hurt worse. But then again, I work with metal plates for presses, try getting cut by one of those. OUCH! I do it way too often.

11:57 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

I certainly do appreciate that all of you can comiserate with me. It does help to know that I'm not alone with my sufferings.

Wink,
I do have callouses on my hands, but not where I'm getting sliced up. The insides of the knuckles seem to be most vulnerable.

Jeff,
Yeah, it's not too different from shipping. I did that for a year or so, too. Thought I was done with it for good...

Faith,
Paper cuts and cardboard cuts are all the same to me. I've never been cut by a metal plate, though I imagine that would be something like getting sliced by a knife. The only thing worse than all of the above - metal splinters!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.