Monday, December 08, 2008

I guess ya had to be there

As I'm sure you're all quite aware by now, I am just full of the Christmas Spirit. Of course, when I say that, I mean the Holy Spirit. But I am also quite full of the joy that always seems to abound at this time of year.
Case in point;
The other day I was at the grocery store with Bob. We had stopped to pick-up one or two items real quick and then head home. As we were making our way through the aisles I couldn't help but notice the Christmas music that was playing over the store's speakers. Immediately I was roused in my spirit to express my great joy with the holiday. So I stretched out my arms and began to skip through the aisle while singing along with Burl Ives to Holly, Jolly Christmas. Bob followed at a somewhat safe distance, being careful not to let anyone know that he was with me. Until I turned around and waved him forward to me. But he was smiling as I did this. So I don't think he was too embarrassed.
When I finally found the items we had stopped for, I finished with the song-n-dance routine. As Bob and I walked toward the cashiers he asked me "Dad, do you realize how scary a 6-foot-2, 275 pound man in a Punisher T-shirt looks skipping and singing along with Christmas music looks?"
"No, Bob, I've never given it any thought." I replied.
Bob hestitated for a second. "It still looked kinda festive though, in a weird sorta way."
Yeah, I'd say that about sums me up pretty good...

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

I can totally picture it.
Thanks for a very entertaining visual :-)

5:47 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Wink,
I figured you'd be able to capture the image in your head. I meant it to be a very vivid and entertaining visual.
Can you magine what the other shoppers were thinking as they watched me?

7:18 PM  
Blogger Jeff A said...

Alright, two things I have to do with M+ now, eat pizza and go shopping.

4:16 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Once again, I'm going to have to insist on a threesome.

Wipe that silly grin off your face.

7:54 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Jeff,
Any time you're ready, but it will have to be at Christmastime.

Wink,
It's not a "silly grin", it's a smirk...

4:55 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Of course you won't believe me when I say this but (I swear!)after I typed what I did, I very nearly rewrote "smirk".
LOL

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.