Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What a way to kick off Christmas

I gotta tell ya, this Christmas has been pretty fantastic already!

Let me start with work.
Being the last day before the Holiday, we were given permission to wear "festive holiday clothing" to work today. So I did, kinda.
I wore work clothes but they were somewhat festive in their appearance. A red long-sleeve T-shirt with a green short sleeve T-shirt. I also wore antlers and a flashing red nose. I have a picture below, but you'll have to read through more of the post before you get to see it.
Anyways, it was a good day at work since anyone who saw me immediately smiled or laughed. It was quite enjoyable for me too. As I said yesterday, I like knowing that I can brighten people's days. And that's what I did today - big time!
After work I picked-up Bob and we headed to church tonight for our Community Christmas Party. You see, we invited the entire neighborhood to the church tonight for a little party. We had music, gifts, food and a puppet show (with clowns) for all the kids. It went over quite well. And since I had so much fun at our Halloween - oh, excuse me, Harvest Party - I agreed to help out with this one too. And I'm glad that I did.
I'm gonna share the pics I took tonight with everyone and I'll explain a little more about how things went as we go along.
Had the church pretty well decorated. Some lights and a nice little tree as well as some nice decorations for the tables.







We had plenty of presents for all the kids. We had gift bags, small stuffed animals, and even more under the tree.







Music.



Goodies.



A nice crowd.



Entertainment.



Me...



And another jolly elf, Bob.



It was another great event. Everything went smoothly. We had plenty of help in the kitchen. The preparation and clean-up was quick and painless. And I learned a new Christmas song - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer played to the tune of Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit. Originally this song was performed by Jars of Clay. It's one of the best versions of the song I've ever heard. And now we're gonna practice it so we can add it to our set list for next year.

Oh, BTW, since I hadn't mentioned it prior to this, P.Dave, Jullian and myself finally have a name for our band.
Chocolate Sundae Jesus.
More news to come on that.

Tomorrow, I will be reposting the pre-Christmas sermon that I gave at church last year, The Gospel According to Jack Skellington. I'm going to try to turn this into a Christmas Tradition to go along with my other Christmas Tradition - which I will repost on Christmas Day.
Stay tuned...

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff A said...

lovely photo of yourself, the mohawk really sets it off! I hope that you and your have an awesome Christmas and an equally cool New Year.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.