Friday, January 02, 2009

As promised

Yesterday I told everyone that I would have a big surprise for everyone today. Well, here it is...



Notice something missing?
OK, people, it's a brand new year, so I decided that now was as good a time as any to make this particular change. I don't plan on remaining bald, but I'm also not expecting to try for a new mohawk. I'm just gonna let my hair grow back in until it's long enough for me to do something with.
As for the old hair, I actually did something special with it. I donated it to Locks of Love. And since I had more than 10 inches to donate, I got my hair cut for free at Fantastic Sam's. Typically, they only cut off one long ponytail from the customer - so they can style the rest. But since I was getting rid of all of my hair they pulled it up into 4 ponytails and snipped them all off. The rest of the cut was rather simple. They just took the clippers to what was left and shaved it as close to my scalp as the clippers would get. But I still had to come home and finish it with my razor. Perhaps you've noticed the little nick in the back of my head...
It's kinda funny, when I went to my brother's for Christmas Eve, my sister-in-law asked me when I was planning on getting a hair cut. And my brother joked about me waiting until I could donate my hair. He had no idea that I had been planning this for the last few months.
Makes ya wonder what I might do next, don't it?

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple small gold earrings, some polish, and you could be Mr Clean

11:45 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

And a white T-shirt...

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Mare said...

The funny part here is, after reading about the hair cut, the next post is entitled "Shiny and New."

9:46 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Mare,
Of course, you must realize that I planned it that way. Something so twisted doesn't just happen by mistake. At least not here on my blog.

3:31 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

I had a very strong feeling that this was what you were planning! But the Locks of Love, that was an added surprise. You are too cool!

OMG, my word verification is
"redotop" (think about it, it's funny.)

8:01 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Wink,
Yeah, shaving off the mohawk was pretty much the only thing I could've done. I mean, once you've got a mohawk, what else can ya do with your hair but shave it off? So the Locks of Love thing was the real surprise.

I love the word verification. That is pretty funny.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.