Thursday, January 15, 2009

Not a problem

Life is good.
Attitude is everything, you know? And I try to always have a positive attitude. Especially after some recent news we received at work.
It was originally announced a few months ago that we would be getting our annual merit raises in March, when the Philips acquisition of Respironics was complete. But the other day we were told that there would be no merit raises in 2009. Because of the economy, of course.
But I can't complain. In fact, when the announcement came out, I actually turned to one of my co-workers and said "We were getting a raise in March?"
I had forgotten all about it. Especially since we had already received raises in September while we were still operating on Respironics fiscal year. So finding out that we weren't going to be getting it really didn't bother me.
A lot of people might be upset with news like this. But I can't see any reason to be. I'm grateful that I have a job. And a good job at that! I make decent money, have good benefits, low stress, and I like the people I work with - and for. And I know there are a lot of people who can't say that these days.
I figure if we're willing to make this sacrifice now, it will pay off in the long run. Better to have a job without a raise for the next year, than to have the raise and lose the job in 6 months.
Besides, I know God is watching out for me.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

It's good to trust in God :-)

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.