Friday, January 09, 2009

Unintended consequences

OK, it's been a week since I removed my mohawk and I've made some observations about what it's like to not have any hair on my head. Or, at least, the top and back of my head.

* I didn't think I'd notice much of a difference in the weather, since two thirds of my head was already bald, but I have noticed a difference. Especially on the back of my neck where my ponytail used to hang. I actually wear a hoodie under my leather jacket now so I can cover my head when I leave the house in the mornings.

* I do have to say that I haven't noticed any difference in how I react to snow and rain. They still suck when they hit my head, but at least I don't have to worry about my ponytail getting soaked.

* I've noticed a draft from behind my work station. Once again, it's something I've been feeling on the back of my neck. I miss my ponytail...

* I haven't adjusted to the fact that I don't need to wash my hair when I take my showers. I still put a dollop of my Old Spice Hair & Body Wash in the palm of my hand after I've gotten myself soaked down.

* Fortunately, it's Hair & Body Wash...

* My brush is absolutely useless for the moment, or the next few months.

* I don't use my razor nearly as much as I used to.

* Many of my co-workers have no clue. I keep hearing "I like your hair cut." And I keep replying with "It's not a hair cut. This is what you get when you shave off a mohawk." Do they think I was going for the regrowing-my-hair look?

* Many of my co-workers have no clue. Several of them have told me that they never really liked the mohawk. Was I ever concerned with their opinions? I didn't do it for them, I did it for myself. Whether or not they could appreciate it was never a factor for me, nor is it a factor now.

* I have no idea what I'm going to do with my hair when it does finally get to a length I can work with.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.