Thursday, February 12, 2009

Not goin' anywhere?

And I don't even have a Snickers to munch on while I'm stuck here...

Nasty windstorms we had last night, huh?
Ya know, I don't remember seeing the giant pine tree laying in my yard yesterday, but there it is now.



And this is why I say I'm stuck here - without a Snickers



And just to give you some scale to guesstimate by, a different angle to see the rest of the tree from.



At least nobody was hurt. Nor was my car damaged at all. Neither were my phone or cable lines ripped from the pole - or my house - but one of them is dangling kinda precariously low to the ground.
All in all, I guess things aren't so bad. I got the day off! Unfortunately, now I won't get paid for the unused PTO day in April. I'm still waiting to hear from my insurance company. Meanwhile, I have people coming to give me estimates on the cost of removal. I'll let everyone know how things turn out.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff A said...

Glad it didn't land on your car. Haven't been outside yet to see what the wind did to our small but humble and quite annoying town.

10:11 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Jeff,
Yes, I thanked God that it didn't land on my car, or my house, or hurt anybody.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.