Sunday, February 15, 2009

Say hello

Here he is; my grandson, Craig Allan Schiller Jr.



I think they're going to call him C.J. for short (Craig Jr.). Born 2/15/09 at 12:25 AM. Weighing in at 5 lbs., 13 oz. and 19" long.
Mom and baby are doing fine.



From what I've been told, it was a little scary for awhile. At one point the umbilical cord was wrapped around C.J.'s neck. But the doctor got him untangled and delivered him just fine. He was also kinda pale at first, but they figured it was just a little dehydration. So, they gave the poor little guy an IV to get some fluids into him and he started tunring nice and pink pretty quick.

Here's father and son.



And grandfather and grandson



There's actually a pretty funny story about the whole delivery that I haven't been posting about. But I'll share it now.
Aliesha went to the hospital on Tuesday to have some kind of procedure done that typically causes the mother to go into labor within 48 hours. So, for 48 hours we all waited, and waited, and waited...
Saturday rolled around, the baby's actual due date, and I had my Compassion event to do (which I'll share about later), so I called Aliesha before leaving to make sure she was OK. She told me that she was having contractions, but her doctor was thinking it was a false labor. Then I get home from my event around midnight to find a message on my machine from Craig saying Aliesha was in the hospital and dilated 9cm. The time of the message was 11:24 PM.
I dutifully got on my computer to reply to an e-mail from my brother since he had heard rumors about Aliesha being in labor. I told him what I knew, and just as I was about to hit "send", the phone rang. It was 12:45 AM. I was a grandfather.
I added the new info to the e-mail and sent it along. Then I called my mom to tell her what was going on. We were all so excited. Then, of course, I made sure to put up a quick post for all of you. And then I went to bed.

Stopped to see everyone this morning before I went to church. Got the pictures. Stopped again after church to visit with mother and baby again. And now I'm here sharing it with all of yinz.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

How exciting and what a relief that everything turned out just fine.
He's a beautiful baby and you look just right holding that little bundle of joy.
Hugs to everyone, including Great Grandma :-)

5:23 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Wink,
Indeed.
He is so tiny, but he's just right to fit into my arm.
Great Grandma appreciated the other hugs too.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous faith said...

Congratulations! He is adorable!!!

11:29 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Faith,
Thank you, and Yes! He is!

We're gonna have a lot of fun togther when he gets older...

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.