Monday, February 02, 2009

Yeah, baby !!!

Steelers - 27
Cardinals - 23

What an incredible game! Hard fought on both sides. Worth every second.
The Pittsburgh Steelers now have their Six Pack. Makes me wonder what kind of catchy phrase will we have to come up with for our next Super Bowl win. Harrison's interception has given the Steelers another glorious feat for the Super Bowl record books. Big Ben pulled off another 4th quarter win. Wow! Is all I can say.
I gotta tell ya, while I had some very nervous moments, I never doubted that the Steelers would win it. In my heart of hearts I knew they would pull off the last minute, 4th quarter win. It's been their way all year long.

Now for the peripherals;
*Patrick had a great hit in the 4th quarter. That boy will definitely be invited back next year.

*The party at church went well. Very well. We had about 20 people show up. Everybody brought something tasty. My wings were quite popular. But I still had enough leftover to bring home as a decent snack for myself tomorrow. We also had kielbasa and sauerkraut, JT's taco dip, various chips, pop, and a lot of other stuff that I can't quite remember right now.

*JT spent the entire game twittering about the game, the festivities at church and the commercials. He also spent some time texting P.Dave to find out how things were going for him at the game.

*Loved the commercials!
JT's favorite was the Career Builder one.



How can you go wrong with a koala bear getting punched out?
The Doritos Crystal Ball ad was hilarious.



The Polamalu spoof of the Mean Joe Greene Coke commercial from the 70's was awesome!



Of course, the E-Trade talking babies is always kinda funny.



For some odd reason the Pepsi Max "I'm Good" commercials made me think of The Three Stooges.



I'm so glad I scheduled a vacation day for tomorrow. I'm exhausted, but I'm too hyped up to go to bed. I have no voice. And I'm still stuffed from all of the wonderfully delicious goodies we had to choose from. So I sit here blogging about it all so I can wind down a bit.

And to you, my dear friend, Faith; It was a great game. The Cards played well. I have mad respect for them, especially since Breaston is a local boy. And I'll admit that a big part of what gave the Steelers their win were the penalties that the Cards had that kept bringing one of the Steelers drives to life. But I still have to ask you, when are you going to start cheering for the only PA team that's worth cheering for? Until your beloved Eagles win their 6th Super Bowl there is just no way you can talk any smack on which PA team is the best. It's the wins in the big one that matter, and the Eagles just don't have 'em. The Steelers do! But I love ya anyways.

OK, I think I'm ready to pass out now. Goodnight, all.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff A said...

That was indeed a sweet game, I was on the edge of my seat for the 4th quarter. I loved every minute of it, and the fact that I was rooting for the Steelers, made it all the better.

9:44 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Jeff,
I knew there's a reason I like you so much.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.