Friday, May 08, 2009

26 years and still growing

Happy Re-Birthday to me!

26 years ago today I decided to follow Jesus. I know this because I have a little "gift" New Testament & Psalms with that date written inside of it. It's a King James translation. Probably the most accepted translation at the time that it was given to me. It was meant to remind me of the commitment I made that evening. And it does.

So, how am I going to celebrate?

A bunch of us are going out.
None of the others are aware that I plan on making this my celebration, but they will find out soon enough. Being the geeks that we are, we're going to see the new Star Trek movie. But first we're going to go out for dinner. That's when I'll make my announcement.
I'm also going to share a little bit about my ministry with Compassion with a few of the people who will be joining us. What better way to celebrate my re-birth than by talking about my ministry, and hopefully getting a few kids sponsored as well.
OK, that's all I have for now. Tomorrow will be kinda quiet since JT and I will be at an event for Compassion. I'll share more about it later.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Sorry I missed this yesterday.
Happy Re-Birthday to you! Wow,26 years. It's a great occasion to celebrate :-)

10:49 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Wink,
Thank you. We all had a blast, but I'll be sharing more about it later.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.