Saturday, May 16, 2009

Watch this!

Video blog post!

video

OK, that's the intro. Watch the rest, then I'll explain why this isn't all one video post.

Please note, that was not thunder you were hearing in the background.

video

That was me with the Makarov 9mm.

video

And me with the Ruger Blackhawk .357 Magnum.

video

JT enjoyed squeezing a few rounds off with the Ruger Blackhawk.

Time to check the targets.

video

video

You can't hear it, but JT said "Yeah, right." when I said "Going for speed here."

video

I wasn't going for speed either. I just wanted to have a good clip from that angle.

We had some nice "neighbors" while we were there, too. They let us "play" with their shotgun. And they were good with their equipment, too.

video

Most of the loud BOOMs you hear through these clips are from these guys.

The original idea was to do a single 4-5 minute video, with narration, while we were on the shooting range. But with all of the other shooters there would've been way too much gunfire to hear much of anything else. Also, when I opted for multiple video clips, I was expecting to be able to edit them all together with Window's Movie Maker, but for some odd reason, Windows Movie Maker doesn't recognize my camera's video format. So I had to settle for what I ended up with. But now that I know, I'll just make sure that I make any future video posts in a single sitting.

OK, that was fun! Can't wait to do it again someday with everyone who missed out this time.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous faith said...

Pretty neat video! I've always wanted to go to a shooting range to try it...Russ is suppose to take me one day (we'll see). I think he's scared to put a gun in my hand. something about temper and impatience or something ;)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Jeff A said...

Now that looks like fun. Me and my best bud Bill used to go out shooting all the time. Unfortunately we have lost track of each other, well at least I can live vicariously through these videos.

11:35 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Faith,
Just remind Russ that all of the other shooters at the range will protect him...
I think you'll enjoy it when you do get the chance.

Jeff,
Well, someday when you decide to make a trip to visit us (Wink and myself), we can do the shooting range. As well as the various eateries we've discussed.

4:09 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

This was definitely a first for me...
"Blog Busters???" Was fun though.
You made my trigger finger itchy.
Yep, I think Jeff should come over and we should have a Bang Fest.

I am not responsible for any misrepresentation of my meaning.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Jeff A said...

oww oww oww

Thanks wink, I laughed so hard I hurt myself.

11:01 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Wink & Jeff,
We really need to start planning something...

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.