Thursday, June 18, 2009

Always giving

This may sound weird, but it seems like my life.

I got an e-mail the other day from a woman in Australia. She stumbled upon my blog because of my donation to Locks Of Love. She asked if I would be interested in promoting her organization in exchange for a $20 donation in my name to a charity. So I agreed, as long as the charity could be Compassion. She explained that they usually donate to one of three specific charities (Compassion wasn't one of them), but agreed to make a donation to Compassion if I could send her a URL. Then I checked out the website.

Hotels Combined.

I looked for hotel accomodations in Mechanicsburg PA for Purple Door. And I found one that might actually be affordable for me - if I can get a couple of other people to pitch in with me for the night.
Now, here's the part where I ask all of you to check out the website too...
They have an optional widget that I may add to my sidebar. But I'll have to edit the text to read Compassion instead of the charities that they have listed.

I recommend Hotels Combined and sent $20 to Compassion International!

You can shout and help too.


Also...
If any of you are interested in doing the same, let me know. And if you would be so kind as to follow my lead and ask that donations be made to Compassion International on your behalf, I would greatly appreciate it. Unless, of course, you would truly prefer to make a donation to one of their other charities. That's up to you. I'm just speaking my heart about Compassion.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might want to check that a donation was actually made...... not that I am cynical or anything

10:42 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

I just gota confirmation e-mail from both.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.