Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The day of endless misery

Have ya ever had one of those days...

I knew it was going to be one of those days when I woke up from a nightmare at 3:30 this morning. Or maybe nightmare isn't the right word for it. Perhaps it would be best if I simply said a disturbing dream. It wasn't anything that I would consider to be frightening, but the images left me somewhat agitated. And it's never good to wake up agitated. Besides, I seldom remember my dreams, so I'm a bit curious and confused as to why this one has chosen to stick in my head.
Of course, I couldn't fall back to sleep, being agitated as I was. So, I stayed up and did a little reading, only find myself wanting to nod back off right around the time I would normally be waking up.
Took my shower. And that was probably the high point of my day. Then headed off to work.
Work was a hideous exercise in futility. Nothing went right. Parts issues, poor supplier quality, and a whole bunch of fumbling about on my part because of how sleepy I was. I felt as if I accomplished nothing, and the numbers that I keep track of reflected that.
Fortunately, I've survived to this point. And now that I'm home I can relax and meditate on some of the things I read this morning. I must also prayerfully consider the disturbing images from my dreams. I'm hoping God will reveal something to me, but it may have just been stuff that my brain needed to work out. Who knows?

Tomorrow should be better.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff A said...

Wow, I hope the next day was better for you! :)

12:02 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Sorry I'm getting here late to sympathize, but hope things got better for you.
Thursday was my day from hell. I rarely have bad days at work,(meaning, not due to outside influences) but that day, nothing I did worked. I had a mini-meltdown and ended up medicating myself to get me through the rest of the day. Worst part was, no one would let me alone. I realize some of them truly cared but a few just seemed to be getting a kick out of the fact that I had drama. Why are some ppl like that? Sheesh. Could not wait to get home that day.

11:41 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Jeff,
I apologize for the delay. Things did shape up nicely afterwards.

Wink,
I hear ya! Every so often when things start to go worng at work one of us will ask "Is it Friday yet?" and I will always say, "It could be, if you have enough vacation/PTO time?"
Today was almost another one. But I've got Creation to look forward to. So I toughed it out.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.