Saturday, June 06, 2009

Free at last

This is Bob.



Looks good in a cap and gown, doesn't he? He graduated last night. A lot of us were quite excited to see this day come. Some weren't sure it was going to happen at all. I was not one of them!
And this is the rest of his graduating class.



The ceremony was... well... a commencement ceremony. A lot of pomp, a lot of circumstance and a few speeches that really didn't say much. In fact, the school district's superintendent gave a speech about superheroes that sounded like she was talking to elementary grade students. The only redeeming quality of the speech was when she mentioned Batman, half of the class turned and looked at Bob.
Oh, and I had to sit next to my Ex-wife through the commencement. But I was expecting that, so it wasn't too bad.
After the ceremony we all decided to go to Hoss's to celebrate. We were also joined by one of Bob's friends, Big Rob.



Hammin' it up, as usual.
Speaking of hammin' it up...
Mom and Bob had a couple of good poses for me.





I don't know what happened with the first one. Sometimes the protective shutter doesn't open all the way. But it was such a funny picture I had to keep it. The other one looks a bit more natural.
Of course, Aliesha brought CJ with her.



She is such a good mommy, and he is such a good baby. The little guy was having a great time with everyone.



Especially grandpa...



Everybody enjoyed themselves and it was a great way to celebrate this milestone in Bob's life. Before long we were all packing up to head home.

One last pic of the little guy...



But don't stop here. Go to my next post. I think you'll like it.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Faith said...

Congrats again to Bob!

And CJ is getting so big! He is too adorable!!!

10:18 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Faith,
Bob says thanks.
CJ seems to get cuter every time I see him.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Jeff A said...

Wow, that is awesome. I can't wait to see my girls graduate. I really want that room for my photo studio! (no I'm just kidding, I don't ever want them to leave, maybe)

5:40 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

All the best to Bob.
Your family is looking great and I enjoyed the pictures.
Little CJ looks a whole lot like you in pic #7.

11:47 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Jeff,
It'll be here before you know it!

Wink,
I do have an awesome family, don't I?
Like I said, CJ gets cuter every time I see him.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.