Sunday, July 12, 2009

I think you'll enjoy this

I had a blast with CJ yesterday. And it lasted long into the evening.
Our original plan for the day was to get CJ, go to a Baby Shower for Bob's friend, and then go to church where my daughter Aliesha would pick CJ up while Bob and I would do our normal Lock-In stuff afterwards.
The shower went well. Since showers are usually filled with women who love babies, CJ got a lot of attention. Here's one pic of him while we were there.



I have to say, I'm not really happy about the pacifier that he has. Aliesha's friend loved the idea of the little guy having a "grill". And me, I hate the very idea of "grills". But CJ likes it, and he seems to get a kick out of how it feels to his fingers, so I won't complain.
After this we picked up JT and stopped to get some wings for the festivities. Then we headed to our Lock-In.
CJ had fun there too. At first it was just me Bob and JT. But eventually others started showing up, and everybody wanted to see CJ. So he was getting a lot of attention there too. But as the evening went on, we began to wonder about where Aliesha was. So, Bob called his aunt Lori, where Aliesha was. Lori's husband, Mike, is a mechanic and he was working on Aliesha's brakes, when he found a few other problems that needed fixed. So Aliesha was going to be stuck there til today.
As a result, Bob and I ended up having to take CJ home to daddy. Craig was happy to see his little boy, and we were glad we had some extra time to spend with the little guy.
When we returned to church for the remainder of the Lock-In I joined P.Dave and Julian for practice. Evetually, we'll really be a band in more than just name, and maybe even start playing some shows.
Meanwhile Bob and some of the others were playing House of the Dead 2 in the other room. Bob was actually pretty good at the game. But then again, none of the other players has ever been to a shooting range to use a real gun...
We wrapped things up by putting Wallace and Grommet & the Curse of the Were Rabbit into the DVD player. The kids ignored it and the grown ups (yeah, right...) all laughed our butts off.
When the movie was over we began to wind down and one by one we started noding off. But there were a lot of jokes and laughter going on the whole time.
In the morning, we woke up and a few of us headed to McDonalds for some breakfast. We left the 18 year olds, still sleeping, in charge of the 14 year olds who were also still sleeping. And were back before anyone missed us. We talked some more and then it was time to clean up for church.
Church was good and then everyone went home. And now, I need a nap.

I think you'll enjoy this too...

video

He makes a few little "popping" sounds, but other than that, he's just being his contented self. And that's good enough for me.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Faith said...

Awww! He is soooo cute! And I actually like the pacifier, I think it's hilarious looking. Never seen one like that before lol

10:33 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Faith,
The pacifier is OK. He just keeps runnning his fingers over it to feel the bumps and smoothness, I guess. It's really funny to watch. Maybe next time I'll get video of that.

6:33 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Glad you got to spend time with CJ. He gets more adorable every time I see him. Jerry watched the video with me and enjoyed it too. Jer always has to narrate videos with sound effects or whatever. This time he had CJ saying "Da** it, pick me up!" Not that he would ever encourage a baby to curse, mind you.
BTW, love Wallace and Grommet.

12:23 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Wink,
It's always fun to have CJ around.
Actually, the little guy likes being left to wiggle around on his own. He likes to be watch while he does it, though. So, I can let him lay there, and he'll be happy as long as I stay there and look at him.
Why am I not surprised to hear that you love Wallace and Grommet?

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.