Sunday, August 30, 2009

Reflections on everything

You know, in a few of my previous posts I kinda made light of some of the really great things that have been happening for me lately. I mean, I do say that I'm thankful to God and to the people who are so generous to me for what they do for or give to me. But maybe it has come across a bit too lightly.

I am looking at last night, and all of the things that made it possible, and the kindness of all the people who made it possible, and I am truly thankful. My heart is just so filled with gratitude right now that I don't know how to express it. So here it is;

*To my really cool brother, thanks for watching out for me and being so good to me when I am in no position to ever show you such kindness.
*To Patrick - if you happen to read this - thanks for just being a good guy. And thanks for joining in with JT and I as we constantly pick on P.Dave when we're hanging out. We don't want to have to go to Hell all by ourselves for picking on our pastor...
*To Patrick's family, thanks for making me feel welcomed as one of your own.
*To P.Dave, thanks for being my friend as much as my pastor.
*To Ella and Carissa, thanks for sharing your husband and dad with the rest of us.

And finally

*To God, the Lord of Heaven's Armies, for taking an interest in my interests and opening doors of opportunity for me to have experiences that I never really considered possible before now.
I see the chessboard and I understand completely...

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Sounds like your King is being completely protected by all His men ;-)
Wow, I never until just this moment realized the symbolism of a chess game. How cool.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.