Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's all good

Nothing very significant to share today. Just a few observations and some commentary on some of the things going on in my life.

My brother sent this story to me in an e-mail, and I don't think he's ever seen this picture of me, let alone any of the things I have labeled as toys here. But he is my brother, so he does seem to know me pretty well...

I've been enjoying the coming of Autumn. The air seems much cooler, even when it gets close to 80 during the days. But the nights have been beautiful over the last week or so. And I noticed this morning that Orion is visible in the southern sky when I leave for work in the mornings. I've always had a fascination with the stars and constellations - especially Orion. And since he hasn't been visible over the last few months it was like seeing an old friend who's been away at school or something.

Spent today testing a diagnostic device. Not a big deal. But while I was testing the units I noticed a disturbing line of code that comes up on the computer monitor while the test is running...
command:> killall petdog
M+: "What !?!? You've got to be kidding me? This thing has a command to kill someone's pet dog when they take this device home?"
Then the next line of code came up.
petdog: no process killed
M+: "Whew! That's a relief!"
Yeah, I have sick (if not twisted) sense of humor...

Had another great conversation with my manufacturing engineer today. Actually, it's become a somewhat regular thing for us. However, our conversations are now less about her "dating" situation and more about matters of faith. She's now my newest disciple from among my co-workers.
In time I will build an army of followers who will not hesitate to do my biding. Muwahahahahaha...

Just kidding!

Won't be long, I'll be heading off to Boston for the product transfer project. I think we have a meeting tomorrow to discuss all of the particulars. We leave Sunday - just in time to miss the Steelers game. Grrrrrrrrrr...
Bob will be here to watch over the house while I'm gone. Fortunately, he also knows where all of the toys are and how to use them.
Don't you feel sorry for any poor soul who breaks into my house? At the very least, they'll be leaving some piece of their anatomy behind as a souvenir for us...

All of a sudden my computer doesn't recognize my CD or DVD players. WTF ?!?!?
I have no idea how to remedy this since I don't have the original boot disks that came with the computer. I hope I don't have to go out and buy new ones (players, not disks). I can't afford to do that. And to make things worse, I have a couple of new CD's that I can't load onto the computer now. Which means I can't load them onto my Zen media player. Which also means that the only place I can listen to these CD's is in my car.
D'oh !!!

PennDOT sucks !!!
There's been all sorts of construction work going on with the Parkway all Summer long. Typically I don't mind because it's to be expected. But as of yesterday, and even today, I'm kinda ticked-off about it. It seems the construction work has reached the section of the Parkway that is clearly visible from my house - and certainly within earshot as well. And I have no idea what they're doing to the road, but the sound was keeping me up last night (yes, they "work" late into the night). Whatever they were doing it didn't sound like road work. It actually sounded similar to a fire alarm, except that it didn't have that rising and falling effect. Instead, it simply rose up to the highest, shrillest note that any fire alarm could ever reach, and it would hold there for a few minutes before dropping off to a dull hum. And then, a few minutes later, it would happen again. I got to hear that all evening long until after 10:00 PM. I was ready to hurt someone by the time they finished. Maybe tonight won't be so bad. Who knows? But it's still early.

OK, that's all I got for now.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff A said...

Have fun in Boston. I feel your pain on the media player thing, although my problem is I am so busy messing with wedding photos that I don't have time to move any of my new music to my iPod.

11:46 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Jeff,
I will.
In time, you'll be able to load your new music onto your ipod. I will have to be much more creative in my efforts to get my new stuff on my player...

7:54 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

So much to comment on here.
So many people are having mechanical/technical difficulties of late and the consensus seems to be blaming Mercury in retrograde.
The evenings, or the ones I've been able to enjoy have been awesome. I miss the morning stuff b/c I'm in the clean room when the sun comes up : (
Coincidentally, Piglet who reads my blog had a psycho neighbor threaten to kill her (innocent) dog recently...
Good of Bob to keep an eye on things while you are gone.
Agree on the PennDOT irritation.

4:56 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Wink,
Iyt's funny you should say that everyone is having mechanical/technical difficulties. P.Dave had the same problem too. We're blaming a virus.
I just spent a wonderful evening out last night watching the clouds move across the moon. I sooooo love the fall.
Psycho neighbors? I can fix that! ;)
Bob is surprisingly mature and responsible for his age.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.