Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Another one of those nights

Went to church tonight for a little youth event that we were having. It was a puppet show like the ones we've had before. And I was in the kitchen taking care of the hot dogs and chips.
It was a lot fun. There were about 70 kids with parents and they were all well behaved. P.Dave and I played one song to set the atmosphere. But there was also one song that was played from a CD that was used during our summer Kidz Klub. And the thing that tells me that the end of the world is near is the fact that P.Dave - who is probably THE whitest man I've ever known - was trying to teach a bunch of kids (predominantely african-american) how to dance to it...

I don't care if that sounded racist.

In any event this was a precursor to our upcoming Harvest Party. I've volunteered for it again because I had so much fun last year. And the kids that come to our events lately just seem to be so much more pleasant than the ones we've had in years past. I think this is God's way of blessing us for having persevered for so long through the troublesome kids that used to come to our events. And maybe we're having an impact in the community after all of these years, as well.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff A said...

I do wish you had taken some video of the dancing, it would have made this so much more special!

1:51 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Jeff,
Had I suspected it would happen, I would've taken my camera...

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.