Friday, October 30, 2009

I'm tired

It's been a long week!
I've been working overtime since Tuesday this week and while I like that fact that the money will be coming in at the most opportune time, I'm feeling rather wiped out by it. Getting up at 3:30 in the morning is not something I'm used to doing anymore. And I fear that if I stay on this schedule for more than a week or so it'll become a habit that I won't be able to break.
Still, it's been a good week. I'm excited about the fact that God has used me a few times this week to share some wisdom and encouragement with some of my co-workers. It's amazing how far an encouraging word goes with someone who usually has to deal with other people's problems. And of course, most of my "disciples" have turned to me at one point or another to seek some advice, guidance or prayer. Even though these things are kinda typical for me in any given week, they just seem to stand out more when I'm feeling tired. It's like the Holy Spirit is reminding me that no matter what I still have a job to do. I still have to remain true to my calling.

But I'd still appreciate all of your prayers. Aside from the work and being tired there is some stuff going on in my life that I'm not ready to talk about yet, and I really need some guidance for myself with it.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff A said...

I will keep you in my prayers M.

11:20 AM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

OT is a dirty word for me, as you well know. Being on it for 14 months, I don't think I'll ever feel rested again. I worked 12 hours on Friday, no WAY was I going in today. Good luck to you in that respect.
As for the other, I'll pray harder. Seems every other person I meet is having some kind of crisis lately. It's getting harder to get through my ever-growing list. But don't you worry, I'll give it my best. Hugs.

10:21 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Jeff,
Thank you. I appreciate it.

Wink,
I know how much you hate OT. But I've missed the income.

I suppose that I should've clarified that what I'm asking for your prayers for is a good thing. Some good things are happening in my life (with the potential to become great things) and I would just like God to give me some direction with the unseen elements.
Thanks all.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.