Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ladybug, ladybug, fly away home...

Holy crap !!!
Has anyone else been swarmed by ladybugs over the last few days? It's absolutely insane !!! There are dozens of ladybugs flitting about and climbing all over my front door. Then any time I open it, to come in or go out, half of them fly inside. They're everywhere. And I don't want to just swat them like I would any other insect, because they're supposed to be beneficial to the plants or something - especially roses. But this is nuts !!!
Any suggestions?

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

I heard some people at work complaining about this today. Wish I could be of some help, but alas...
We did have one on our back porch last night, I bent to pick it up thinking it was an M&M...

9:21 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Wink,
I'm hearing a lot of the same, too.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Mare said...

Play the lottery...ladybugs are supposed to be lucky!! I've heard this happening around this time of year - maybe it's the changing weather. But, I don't have any suggestions. Liked the M&M comment though! LOL

12:42 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Nare,
I've heard about the "lucky" thing, but I don't believe in luck...

3:43 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

The latest I've heard is that the Game Commission released them as food for the wild turkeys and their plan kind of got screwed up... It's weird to me that they don't look like real lady bugs.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Faithy said...

When I lived in MI, they would come out at certain times of year real bad. But up there, they weren't the regular lady bugs, they were like an orangish color, not the bright red. They were released to keep something under control but multiplied and backfired, and now they can't get rid of them. I can't remember what it was though. It's exactly like what Wink was saying, along those lines. I haven't seen any here in MD

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.