Friday, October 02, 2009

My aren't we clever

The Lifeline work-benches and equipment arrived from Boston the other day. Since I was a part of the whole transition, the powers-that-be thought it'd be a good idea for me to be involved in setting things up on our production floor. So I've been spending some time re-assembling them. But I've also been on clean-up detail.
Ya know, it's amazing how much junk accumulates on a work-bench - unused labels, tape, stickers, etc... - over the years. And it fell upon me to scrape it all off and scrub the benches down. Which is not one of my favorite activities, but I'm getting paid well for it. Besides, they gave me a really cool industrial razor blade to work with. And you all know how much I enjoy a nice, edged "untensil".
Of course, as some of my co-workers would pass by they would invariably look over at me - scraping and scrubbing away - and say "When you're done there you can come over to my house."

Yeah, it got old real fast...

It got to the point that as I would see the ones who know me well enough to get away with saying it coming my way, I would just hold up my hand and tell them the Quote... for today. And since all of them also know how much I love a nice, edged "utensils", they would chuckle and walk by without saying anything.

All in all, everything worked out well. The work area looks great. Almost all of the equipment is set up, and we'll be starting our pilot run in another week or so.
I'm geeked!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Holy crap, you just jogged a memory I had... years ago at work I worked with a little handy instrument (I forget what it was called, an orbitrator or something like that) anyway, it had little circular tubes that were very sharp for putting sideports in catheters. The tubes came in little green boxes much like the ones we got crayons in in grade school. I kept the boxes b/c they were a handy size for storing things in my studio. Each box was labeled. For shits and giggles, I would remove the label and stick it on the underside of my desk. That dept. closed years ago but now I'm wondering about the poor dude (?) who had to remove all those labels if that desk ever got reused. Sorry!

4:38 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Wink,
If the guy who had to scrape off all the labels was anything like me, he didn't mind it too much. Or else he would've hunted you down...

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.