Monday, October 12, 2009

World Zombie Day

This was a lot of fun!
I'm not gonna write a whole lot about the whole event. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking. But I will make a few comments to some of them just to give you a better feel for the overall festivities.
We did our make-up and left right from Church.
JT and I didn't do much make-up. We slapped on a couple of temporay tattoos and said we'd be "freshly infected" victims.





Jen, however, looks rather undead.



Chris looks even more undead.



The walking dead were everywhere!







Ken Foree, from the original Dawn of the Dead, and the MC for the Walk - whose name escapes me.









Now who bled all over the parking lot?







This was cool! A booth where we could sign up to be extras in a purposed TV series that will be filmed here in Pittsburgh - THE zombie capital of the world!



There was un-live music. This is Cult of the Psychic Fetus. They're an awesome punk band! Old School!



Zombie punks were out in fullforce to enjoy the tunes.



Brain eating contest!





Fun for the entire family.



These two were amazing.



Supercharged Suicide. A rock-a-billy punk band. Pretty good!



And, of course, you can never have a public event without the protesters showing up to cause problems...



A Gene Simmons look-a-like.



JT and I had to leave before the actual Walk of the Dead. But it was still a blast to be a part of World Zombie Day at Monroeville Mall.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeff A said...

I do wish I could have been there, it looks like so much fun, and right up my alley!

12:12 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Jeff,
I knew you'd be able to appreciate it.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Faithy said...

wow, that actually looks like fun!!!

10:39 AM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

A friend of mine from Indiana PA invited me to go that day. I couldn't go due to a prior commitment. But you're not gonna believe this... The pic you have entitled "These two were amazing"... that's my friend John on the right! He sent me pictures to show me what I'd missed.

7:48 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Faithy,
It was! Next year I think I'll do more of zombie thing. Maybe even a Klingon zombie if I can make my headpiece.
Wink,
That is sooooo cool! Plan for it next year!

6:13 PM  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Gotcha : )

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.